Much of the attention is given to developing a strategy to establish national and local ownership of the development process's contents. The following major principles shall guide the mode of operation of the organization:
(1) Experts: The experts from the Global South are the primary experts of their society and country. Therefore, any country-level projects and programs will be designed and implemented in cooperation and collaboration with the national local experts from the Global South.
(2) Relationships: The organization’s founding members’ experiences suggest that success depends on the relative relationship between the provider and recipients. Therefore, our engagement for development and governance in the Global South will be guided by the principle of mutual and equal relationships.
(3) Ownership: The process of development by the time it arrived at declaring Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has acknowledged that success for progress largely depends on the process and contents owned by the national and local players. However, establishing ownership in the process of addressing the “how” question remains challenging. Therefore, our organization focuses on the “how” question while working for development in the Global South.
(4) Partnership: The organization will design, develop, and implement any country-specific project in partnership with the national and local organizations and institutions working in the field.
(5) Research and Advocacy: This will be developed as per the recommendation and suggestions from colleagues working in the field.
Development in the Global South by experts from the regions is the guiding mantra of the organization.
The organization founded by the Global South’s experts has a deeper understanding of politics and culture in the specific regions and expertise required for friendly engagement with the players. The organization’s overall goal is to enhance development by establishing trust and confidence in the political system. The specific objectives of the organizations are:
- To begin engaging the national and local stakeholders by placing and locating in the driving seat.
- To begin the policy study practice focusing on development and proper governance while consolidating the facts and bringing it to the public and politicians’ attention.
- To documents the facts as a process of writing a new history so that the people in power with the mandate/authority of service delivery to the people establish lively contact with society.